Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Celebrate Love

I blog every Wednesday and every Wednesday night, I think "I can't believe I got it all done. (Excepting this blog post, hopefully I can get this done before midnight.)" Class from 3:30 pm to 9:30 pm and one class 2 hours before that time block can be very exhausting, especially when I have so much homework to do and studying to catch up. Juline and I spent a little too much time shopping yesterday at Nordstrom Rack on our way back to Provo from our classes in Salt Lake. I skipped my pilates class for it. That was bad. But we did get some saweeet deals, and anybody who knows me, knows that I love to save a lot of money. I don't mean to brag or anything, but I am an awesome bargain shopper. It's something I get from my parents. The only difference is that they do most of their bargain shopping on necessities (usually) i.e., groceries, appliances, etc. . .. I prefer to save my monies on things I love i.e. Cole Haan loafers, BCBGeneration dresses, and Vince Camuto skirts. I won't say how much I spent, that's tacky, but I will let you know how much I saved: $529.46. How awesome is that? And the good news is, I have disciplined myself enough to only buying things for my mission. Well all but the skirt, but that was for Juline. Anyway... my point is, we stayed up way to late last night finishing homework and modeling our new purchases. It made for a long day today. I was struggling enough that I figured some candy would be the solution. I decided on Skittles mixed berry 7.2 oz bag (definitely a better value than the 2 oz bag.) That was a lot of colorful candies. (Don't worry, I shared with at least 5 people.) The sugar wasn't quite enough for the lecture on the History of American Sign Language (it would have been easier to pay attention except at the beginning of the lecture the professor informed us that we didn't need to take notes because everything we needed to know for the test was on the slides which he made available for us.) So I resorted to rank the flavors of the candy. I don't usually get the berry, not like the original where I know before opening the bag the order (from best to least best, because none are bad) (1)Red (2)Green (3)Purple (4)Orange (5)Yellow. The berry bag is different. The blue is not good. Blah. While were on the topic of candy, What a relief that they changed the purple Starburst to a kiwi cherry! So much better. The purple was disgusting. It tasted like a flower. Yuck. Well, the order from best to yuck for the mixed berry Skittles is (1)Green (2)Red (3)Pink (4)Purple (5)Blue. Now you know, so next time you get the mixed berry pack, you can give away the blue, pretending to be nice when really you just would rather the person wastes calories on a gross one instead of you. Right, Valentine's Day is tomorrow. What a cute holiday. Even though I don't have a valentine, I still LOVE it! Juline and I will be making these for friends and the girls we visit teach.

 They come from "Savoring the Seasons with Our Best Bites" Crossing our fingers that they turn out!

P.S. I'm listening to the Ingrid Michaelson Pandora station. Best, light-hearted Love station. Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment