Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Here it is...

I'd like my first post to be something spectacular, something that others will see and say "hey, I want to read this girl's blog" Unfortunately,I don't have any of my pictures with me at present seeing how I'm sitting in the James E. Talmage building on BYU's campus using a laptop in the statistics lab. I enjoyed my statistics class that I took... 2 years ago maybe? Anyhow, it's really a lab for Juline's major and we kind of stick together... a lot. Plus, it's a smaller setting with not so many people. And the people here are so different from myself it makes me feel like I'm branching out or something. They are all math minded people. Their brains are just wired differently. And their social processes are too. Okay, I don't know that for sure, but I can guess as much, based on their interactions with one another and the stereotypes that go with the major "mathematics" or "statistics." That is, mostly everyone except Juline. Alright, maybe Juline isn't excluded in these generalizations. She just described (with a fist pump) an equation as "very exciting!" I swear I'm not as shallow as I sound. I can understand the excitement of solving a problem be it statistics or fitting all the dirty dishes in the dishwasher. So satisfying. My first idea about this blog was to be a style blog. My style on everything, from clothing to home appliances. I live the life as a college student and as such can't begin to afford my own good taste, so I thought I'd display it on a blog instead. That was a good idea, until I got a pinterest account. That was pretty much my idea, except I would be the only one with good taste, sharing it with the rest of mankind and then I would have this super cool blog that everyone talked about like "The Day Book" or (my personal favorite) "Classy Girls Wear Pearls". Darn. Now that kind of recognition is a dead dream. Alright, next week I'll start with all the style...stuff (for lack of a better word.)

No comments:

Post a Comment